West Glamorgan Archive Service
Brynteg Chapel, Gorseinon, Records
Reference code(s): GB 0216 DD Ind 35
Title: Brynteg Chapel, Gorseinon, Records
Short title: Brynteg Chapel, Gorseinon, records
Dates of creation: 1893-2002
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: Information to be supplied
Name of creator(s): Brynteg Chapel, Gorseinon
Administrative and biographical history: The cause began as a branch of the church at Tirdwncyn. This later became Mynydd-bach, holding meetings in a farmhouse in the Upper Town area of Loughor. In the beginning of the eighteenth century, the congregation moved to new premises at Rhydymaerdy. In 1815, the old chapel at Brynteg was built and a new building was erected in 1897 to the north of the existing chapel.
Scope and content: Records relating to Brynteg Chapel, Gorseinon, 1893-2002, including file relating to the chapel history, 1980; annual reports, 1978-2002; records of chapel trustees, late 19th cent.; volumes relating to finance 1941-1998; records regarding church property and procedures 1971-2002; programmes and service leaflets for special events and services 1985-1997; information booklets 1987-2001; other documents relating to church property, 1893-c.1897; and artefacts.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/script: English, Welsh
System of arrangement: Arranged into the following: chapel history, adroddiadau blynyddol [Annual reports], records of chapel trustees, volumes relating to finance, files of correspondence and other papers regarding church property and procedures, programmes and service leaflets for special events and services, information booklets, other documents relating to church property, and artefact.
Conditions governing access: No restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright regulations apply
Finding aids: A hard copy of the catalogue is available at West Glamorgan Archive Service.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records have been retained
Accruals: Accruals are possible.
Immediate source of acquisition: It is the policy of the West Glamorgan Archive Service to withhold the names of depositors.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds
Archivist's note: Compiled by Annette Strauch for the ANW project. The following sources was used in the compilation of this description: West Glamorgan Archive Service, Brynteg Chapel, Gorseinon, Records, catalogue.
Rules or conventions: This description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) second edition, AACR2, and LCSH
Date(s) of description: September 2005