Cyfeirgôd(au): GB 0210 DLMERE
Teitl: CMA: Records of Delamere Chapel, Cheshire
Teitl byr: Delamere Chapel, Cheshire, records
Dyddiad(au) creu: 1902-1971
Lefel disgrifio: Fonds
Maint a chyfrwng: 0.01 cubic metres (1 box, 1 outsize volume)
Enw'r crewr/crewyr: Delamere Chapel, Cheshire
Hanes bywgraffyddol/gweinyddol: Delamere Presbyterian Church was one of the chapels of the Rev. Philip Oliver's Calvinistic Methodist Connection.
This Cheshire Methodist connection was founded by the Rev. Philip Oliver (1764-1800), an evangelical Anglican minister. He was a friend of the Rev. Thomas Charles of Bala, and he and other Welsh Calvinistic Methodist ministers who could preach in English assisted in the work. The connection was put on a formal footing shortly before Philip Oliver's death, when Thomas Charles and two others were given complete oversight and management. Until 1813 the connection's ministers and lay preachers continued to be supplied by the Welsh Methodists, with some from the Church of England and Lady Huntingdon's Connection, but for the next forty years they appointed their own ministers. In 1853 the connection and its six chapels, comprising Octagon (Chester), Ebenezer (Waverton, closed 1982), Tarvin (closed and sold pre-1892), Delamere, Saighton and Cotebrook, were received into the Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Connection.
Delamere Presbyterian Church closed in 1971.
Natur a chynnwys: The fonds comprises records of Delamere Presbyterian Church, comprising a marriage register, 1902-1966, a minute book, 1934-1968, and four account books, 1932-1971. Most of the accounts are totalled or balanced at the end of the year, and signed off by the auditor or the presbytery visitors.
Trefniant: Arranged chronologically at NLW in six files.
Amodau gweld: Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to sign the 'Modern papers - data protection' form.
Amodau copïo: Usual copyright laws apply.
Ychwanegiadau: Accruals are not expected.
Ffynhonnell: Deposited by Mrs Gwawr Booth, Wrexham, December 2002.
Nodiadau yr archifydd: Compiled by Stephen Benham.
The following source was used in the compilation of this description: Dean, Walter, Waverton Presbyterian Church: formed in the year 1849: history of the church given at the centenary commemoration meeting held on Wednesday, October 19th, 1949.
Rheolau catalogio: This description follows NLW guidelines based on ISAD(G) Second Edition; AACR2; and LCSH.
Dyddiad(au )cwblhau'r catalog: February 2003.