Reference code(s): GB 0210 GIVMAS
Held at: National Library of Wales
Title: Papurau G. Ivor Thomas
Short title: Thomas, G. Ivor, papurau (papers)
Dates of creation: 1838-1994 (accumulated 1951-1994)
Level of description: Fonds
Extent and medium: 0.036 cubic metres (4 boxes)
Name of creator(s): G. Ivor Thomas
Administrative and biographical history: The Rev. Gwilym Ivor Thomas (b. 1920), of Llan-non, Cardiganshire, graduated from St David's University College in 1941. He entered the church and was curate of two parishes in Carmarthenshire between 1943 and 1953. He was vicar of Ambleston and St Dogwells in Pembrokeshire, 1953-1962, vicar of Llansanffraid in Cardiganshire, 1962-1970, Llansanffraid and Llanbadarn Trefeglwys, 1970-1985, and rural dean of Glyn Aeron, 1978-1985, before retiring in 1985. He also researched and wrote on aspects of Cardiganshire local history.
Scope and content: Papurau G. Ivor Thomas, 1838-1994, yn cynnwys adroddiadau blynyddol sawl eglwys yng Ngheredigion, 1969-1983; papurau'n ymwneud ag Ysgol Myfennydd, Llanrhystud, Dyfed, 1984-1985; llyfrau cyfrifon, 1838-1878, yn cynnwys llyfr log masnach grawn Bragdy Felinfor [Aberclydan yn ddiweddarach], Llan-non,1838-1840, a llyfrau cyfrifon, 1845-78, yn ymwneud â gweithgareddau morio teulu Owens, Hope, Llan-non; cofnodion yn ymwneud â'r sgwner 'Eagle Eyed' o Gei newydd, 1845-1917; llythyrau at Thomas, 1969-1994; eitemau printiedig a theipysgrif, 1951-1989; torion o'r wasg, 1977-1992; nodiadau ymchwil a drafftiau erthyglau a darlithoedd; a lluniau amrywiol,  = Papers of G. Ivor Thomas, 1838-1994, including annual reports of several parish churches in Cardiganshire, 1969-1983; papers relating to Ysgol Myfennydd, Llanrhystud, Dyfed, 1984-1985; account books, 1838-1878, including a cereal trading log book of Felinfor Brewery [later Aberclydan], Llan-non, 1838-1840, and account books, 1845-78, concerning the shipping activities of the Owens family of Hope, Llan-non; records relating to the schooner `Eagle Eyed' of New Quay, 1845-1917; letters to Thomas, 1969-1994; printed and typescript items, 1951-1989; press cuttings, 1977-1992; research notes and drafts of articles and lectures; and miscellaneous photographs, .
Language/script: English, Welsh
System of arrangement: The 1985 accession is a box of miscellaneous papers; the 1995 accession is arranged into: account books; the schooner 'Eagle Eyed'; personal and research papers.
Conditions governing access: Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to sign the 'Modern papers - data protection' form.
Conditions governing reproduction: The usual copyright regulations apply.
Finding aids: A hard copy of the summary is available in Minor Lists and Summaries, 1986, p. 77, 1995, pp. 55-56, at the National Library of Wales. The summary is available online.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information: All records deposited at the National Library of Wales have been retained.
Accruals: Accruals are not expected.
Immediate source of acquisition: Donated by Rev. G. Ivor Thomas, Dyfed, 1985, and deposited by him, 1995.
Related units of description: Further papers relating to Felinfor Brewery are in National Library of Wales, Aberclydan (Llan-non) Brewery Records.
Publication note: Thomas, G. Ivor, 'Captain John Richards (1813-1903) and the 'Eagle Eyed' (1858-1897)', Ceredigion, vol. 10, no. 4 (1987), 373-81.
Note: Title supplied from contents of fonds.
Archivist's note: Compiled by Rhys Jones for the ANW project. The following sources were used to compile this description: NLW, Minor Lists and Summaries, 1986, 1995; Crockford's Clerical Directory 2004/2005 (London: 2003), p.783.
Rules or conventions: Description follows ANW guidelines based on ISAD(G) 2nd ed.;AACR2; and LCSH
Date(s) of description: June 2003