Reference code(s): GB 0222 BMSS BCP
Title: Bethania Chapel, Penmachno Accounts
Short title: Bethania Chapel, Penmachno Accounts
Dates of creation: 1900 - 1909
Level of description: fonds
Extent and medium: 2 items
Name of creator(s): Officers and members of Bethania Wesleyan Chapel, Penmachno.
Administrative and biographical history: According to Hanes Wesleyaeth Gymreig by Rev. Hugh Jones, the first Wesleyan to visit Penmachno was Ellis Owen of Llansannan in 1806. He was followed by William Jones of Llanelidan and then Richard Jones of Trawsfynydd. A chapel was soon built and opened in 1808. It was sufficient for a few years, but had to be extended, and eventually a new chapel was built in the 1860's. In 1912 the chapel had 154 members.
Scope and content: Sunday school accounts of Bethania Chapel, Penmachno, 1900-1909.
System of arrangement: Arranged chronologically and incorporated into the General Collection of Bangor Manuscripts
Conditions governing access: Open to all users.
Conditions governing reproduction: Usual copyright conditions apply. Reprographics are made at the discretion of the Archivist.
Finding aids: An item level typescript catalogue is available at the Archives Department of the University of Wales Bangor. Reference numbers : General Collection of Bangor Manuscripts 565-566
Note: Description compiled by Elen Wyn Hughes, July 2002.
Rules or conventions: Created following ISAD(G) and Archives Hub Data Creation Guidelines
Date(s) of description: Prior to 16-11-2004